Holy Trinity Orthodox Seminary
Holy Trinity Orthodox Seminary invites applications for the position of Executive Director of Development for a full-time position beginning not later than September 1, 2017. Founded in 1948, Holy Trinity Orthodox Seminary is a college-level professional school of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia (ROCOR), committed to continuation of the theological and spiritual legacy of the Russian Orthodox Church and to the training of future pastors and lay leaders to serve the Russian Church Abroad.
The Executive Director of Development is in charge of the overall fundraising plan and coordinates all aspects of fundraising and public relations efforts at HTS including the following:
- Responsible for HTS’s web presence (HTS website, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, other social media) and promotional print media, including annual appeals.
- Grows email list and sends out regular targeted emails with promotional content, including fundraising appeals; event announcements; news items; lectures, interviews, reflections of faculty and students; facts about the Seminary; updates on Seminary’s academic programs.
- Ensures that HTS students, staff, and/or faculty are well-prepared for advancing the Seminary’s PR, fundraising, and recruiting goals when they visit parishes and represent the Seminary.
- Identifies grant opportunities and applies for grants.
- Supervises organization of fundraising and promotional events, such as alumni reunions.
- Plans and implements programs and projects that strategically engage HTS alumni, establishing enduring relationships with them and facilitating their involvement with the Seminary.
- Processes donations and oversees the timely mailing of thank you letters. Generates reports for the Financial Committee.
- Participates in the budgeting process
The Executive Director of Development reports to the Dean of the Seminary.
Candidates should have a minimum of seven years of experience working with not-for-profit organizations, preferably in the educational sector. Applicants should describe expertise with fundraising, grant-writing, and public relations.
A competitive compensation package commensurate with industry standards is being offered. Exact salary will depend on experience.
The Executive Director of Development will be reviewed annually by a committee headed by the Dean of the Seminary and reported to the Board of Trustees with the Rector at its head. An annual performance bonus opportunity will be included in compensation. HTOS is interested in a long-term appointment.
A sum of $5000 will be provided for relocation. In the event that the candidate leaves voluntarily within two years, the relocation funds must be repaid.
Submissions of applications:
Please direct all applications to: The Very Rev. Archimandrite Luke (Murianka), Rector, Chair of the Search Committee, by email address email@example.com or by the mailing address P.O. Box 36, Jordanville, NY 13361. Please submit your resume, statement of intent, and three reference letters. All questions and inquiries should be addressed to Rev. Ephraim Willmarth, Assistant Dean, by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The review of applications will begin on February 16, 2017, and will continue until the position is filled. Holy Trinity Orthodox Seminary is accredited by the Commissioner of Education and the Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York with the Absolute Charter granted in 1962.