This year’s theme, “Becoming Rich Towards God,” will include the following topics:
- Incarnational importance of money
- Approaches to giving: ministry-centric vs. soul-centric
- The providential gift of wealth
- Tithing – a spiritual discipline for both wealthy and poor
- Stewarding parish finances
- Supporting our seminaries
- Contentment and accepting God’s will
- A Christian approach to fundraising
- Anonymous Giving
Dr. Andrew Geleris, author of the new book, Money and Salvation: An Invitation to the Good Way (SVS Press, 2022), along with well-known Orthodox Priest, Father Patrick O’Grady, will offer a three day workshop: “Becoming Rich Towards God: A Workshop on Money and the Incarnation.”
A generous anonymous donor has made possible that this year there is no cost to attend in person. To encourage the incarnational importance of meeting, there is a premium put on online attendance ($100). [Note: online participation may be limited in number and in scope depending on enrollment. Please come in person!]
Clergy of all Orthodox Jurisdictions are welcome to register and attend. Laypersons wishing to attend are welcome, especially online. Discussion groups in person and online will be divided (not mixed), to allow clergy to talk freely and openly about the concerns, approaches, needs, etc, that they face in the parish, and to allow layfolks the same freedoms.
Additional information may be obtained by contacting Marina Hitchcock at firstname.lastname@example.org.