This post was originally published on this site
With the approval of the Metropolitan Council and the Holy Synod of Bishops, and upon recommendation of the Preconciliar Commission, the Schedule and Agenda of the 20th All-American Council are now available.
These two documents, along with a number of other relevant documents, will also be included in the Delegate Handbook which is currently in its final revision.
Registrations for delegates and observers is still available online by visiting oca.org/aac. On that page, you will also find the link for the hotel registration at the Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor which is being used as the overflow hotel.
The Fellowship of Orthodox Christians in America will also host its annual convention in Baltimore and details for the event will be published later this weekend.
A few highlights from the schedule:
- The Council Registration booth will be open starting Sunday, July 17 at 2:00 pm.
- The first plenary session of the 20th All-American Council is slated to convene at 7:00 pm on Monday, July 18.
- The All-American Council will again have a Youth Program and registrations are still available. The Youth Program fee is set at $200 payable at this link. Youth events will begin on Sunday and continue throughout the week. Numerous outings and trips for the youth have been planned.
- As in the past, a number of Dioceses will hold their assemblies and gatherings on Monday afternoon, while the Diocese of the West will hold its assembly on Wednesday evening.
- Receptions will again be hosted by Saint Tikhon’s Seminary and Saint Vladimir’s Seminary on Tuesday evening. Saint Tikhon’s reception will be offsite.
- Rather than a number of different breakout sessions, on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon, there will be four forums in the Key Ballroom. While participation from the delegates is not mandatory, it is highly recommended and encouraged. No registration is required. The four forums include: a presentation from the Diocese of Alaska, a presentation from Thriving in Ministry, a presentation from the Diocese of Mexico, and a panel discussion on addiction.
- Hierarchical Divine Liturgies will be served every day from Tuesday to Friday with the Synodal Liturgy being served, as in the past, on Thursday morning.
- A Panikhida for all the departed clergy and laymen of the Orthodox Church in America since the last AAC will be served on Wednesday at 5:30 PM.
- On Thursday evening, the Grand Banquet is scheduled to begin at 7 PM.
- The final plenary session will convene on Friday, July 22 slated to conclude by 1 PM.
More information about the council, procedures, and related events will be shared in the coming days and weeks.