On August 24th, 1958, in a private residence in San Francisco, the first Divine Liturgy of what would become St. Michael Ukrainian Orthodox Church was held. Only a handful of newly immigrated families were in attendance, but they were the newly planted roots of our Parish that would begin to grow and flourish over the years. On November 22nd, 1959, our very first “Khramove Svyato” (Patron Saint Day) Celebration was held and from that day, St. Michael Ukrainian Orthodox Church became a centerpiece of our Ukrainian Community here in the San Francisco Bay Area and it has remained so ever since.