This post was originally published on this site
Sunday, October 28, 2018 has been designated as Steward Sunday, during which parishes across North America will be taking special collections to support the Orthodox Church in America’s ongoing ministries. Online donations also will be accepted with gratitude.
“Stewardship is not just a matter for parish and diocesan action… it’s personal,” explains His Beatitude, Metropolitan Tikhon. “Stewardship is really at the heart of our life and existence as Orthodox Christians. In our own personal lives, in our parish communities, and in our families, we are constantly and sacrificially offering our small gifts, so that we may receive the great gift that God gives to us.”
Become a Steward by making a secure on-line contribution today!
“I invite all of you to join me and the members of the Holy Synod in offering our small and humble gift to God so that God may bless us with the great work that we all do together as the Church,” Metropolitan Tikhon continues. “We work through our parish ministries, through our diocesan work, and also through the work of our departments, as they assist our missions to grow, as they help our youth to gather and share their faith, and to support all the departments and all of us in the Orthodox Church in America.”
For example, your gifts will help fund
- the Department of Evangelization, which has granted more than one million dollars over the past decade to fledgling mission parishes across North America through its Church Planting Grant program;
- the Department of Liturgical Music and Translations, which trains new choir directors through online training courses and continuously expands its over 6,500 pages of liturgical music and texts so essential to parish choirs here and around the globe;
- the Department of Christian Education, which develops and makes available a variety of educational resources for all ages on its ever-expanding website;
- the Department of Youth, Young Adult and Campus Ministry, which offers a wealth of resources for home, camp, parish and campus use;
- the Department of Christian Service and Humanitarian Aid, which continues to expand its voluminous collection of parish ministry resources; and
- the Church’s other departments, offices, and related agencies.
These are just a few examples of the fruitful ministries that will benefit—and expand—tremendously through your generosity and commitment as Stewards of the Orthodox Church in America.
In the spirit of the theme of the 19th All-American Council, please join the ranks of those who already have made the commitment to expand the mission of the Orthodox Church in America by giving generously—“for the life of the world” and for its salvation—on Steward Sunday, October 28!