His Beatitude, Metropolitan Tikhon opened the Fall Session of the Metropolitan Council of the Orthodox Church in America with the celebration of the Divine Liturgy in the Chancery’s Saint Sergius of Radonezh Chapel on Wednesday morning, September 19, 2018. The session will conclude on Friday, September 21.
At the opening plenary session, Metropolitan Tikhon will address the Council members, focusing specifically on his Of What Life Do We Speak? Four Pillars For The Fulfillment Of The Apostolic Work Of The Church, which made its debut at the 19th All-American Council [AAC] in July 2018, and on impending changes in the Chancery administration and departmental ministries. He will also present an initial plan for the position of Youth Director, as presented at the 19th AAC. [See related story.]
According to Archpriest Eric G. Tosi, OCA Secretary, other agenda items include
- reports by the OCA Chancellor, Secretary and Treasurer.
- a detailed review of the 19th AAC and the planning process for the 20th All-American Council, slated to convene in 2021.
- approval of the 2019 budget and a review of the external and internal auditors’ reports.
- selection of new internal auditors for the next triennium.
- a review and update on the forthcoming update to the OCA web site and the OCA Archives Project.
- reports on initial plans for celebrating the 50th Anniversaries of the Granting of Autocephaly and the Glorification of Saint Herman of Alaska in 2020.
- a general review of the work of the Office of Review of Sexual Misconduct Allegations, the Office of External Affairs and Inter-Church Relations, the Stewards of the Orthodox Church in America, and the Metropolitan Council’s committees.
Metropolitan Council members will be among those present for the celebration of the patronal feast day of Saint Sergius of Radonezh Chapel on Saturday, September 22.