Metropolitan Tikhon and Archbishop Michael with STOTS Board members.
Members of the Saint Tikhon Seminary Board of Trustees adopted a new Strategic Plan for 2016 through 2020 at their meeting here May 27, 2016.
The Plan—which Archpriest Dr. Steven Voytovich, seminary Dean, explains “will be a core document for planning and assessment in the coming years toward advancing the mission of the seminary”—was developed with input from a broad spectrum of seminary constituencies.
The Plan includes five imperatives to
- enhance the seminary’s focus on spiritual formation in preparation for ministry and to foster a vibrant community life;
- review, re-imagine and redesign the Master of Divinity experience, including curriculum redesign, to develop even greater strength in pastoral formation and liturgical training, while also exploring extension of the seminary’s educational offerings for the benefit of the entire Church;
- develop and execute an enrollment management strategy which yields a Master of Divinity class size of at least 15 and several non-degree
- students per year;
- raise the public profile of the seminary through a multi-faceted series of events, media strategy and alumni engagement; and
- increase the effectiveness of the seminary’s stewardship of its human, physical and financial resources.
Nineteen strategic imperatives have been identified to implement these imperatives, which include engaging a Director of Student Life, formalizing one-year programs in such areas as choir directing and religious education, increasing visibility throughout the Church, completing housing for married students by 2020, and ongoing faculty development.
“By actively tending to these imperatives… it is our hope that the coming years will reveal a more bountiful and fruitful harvest of persons equipped and desiring to serve as future pastors and leaders of our Church, by a seminary community that has likewise grown in God’s wisdom and righteousness,” the Plan states.
The complete text of the Strategic Plan is available in PDF format on the STOTS web site.